Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Field trip to Circle-A

New England is home to quite a few custom frame builders and this week a few of us from the shop visited Providence's Circle-A Cycles to check out the shop but more importantly to get fitted for new bikes!
I have never thought of getting a custom frame but, being on the tall side, I have had a really hard time finding a bike that fits me well. So I figured in order to get a bike that actually works for me, I need to get a custom build. At least that is what I keep telling myself. After a tour of their shop, Brian, pictured below, got me sized up for my new frame and starting plugging in numbers to get me a perfect fit for what I plan on doing with my bike (wheelies mostly). Check them out, the guys down there (Brian and Chris) are very cool and make some of the neatest looking bikes around.

About Me

Cambridge, Ma
Broadway Bicycle School is a worker-owned and collectively run, bicycle shop. We specialize in expert bicycle repairs, bicycle sales and new/used parts sales. We also offer stand rental with and without teaching and run classes on basic bicycle repair, advanced bicycle repair and wheelbuilding at night.